Having the best pregnancy must-haves at your disposal will ensure your pregnancy, labor, and postpartum journey feel less scary and unpredictable.
As a nurse and mother two, I have been able to experience both of my pregnancies through the medical and the maternal side.
It is with that knowledge and experience that I’ve put together the following list of pregnancy essentials, products, and resources. I believe they will make the most positive impact on your pregnancy journey.
My hope is that these pregnancy products and resources list equip you to tackle your pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum stages with the uttermost confidence and readiness.
In the following list you will find:
- Online Birthing Classes
- Online Breastfeeding Classes
- Pregnancy Essentials (Clothing and Shoes)
- Pregnancy Must-Haves (Comfort and Support)
- Prenatal Exercise Essentials
- Prenatal Essentials (Health and Well-being)
- Pregnancy Must-Haves Planners and Checklists
- Getting Ready for Baby Essentials
- Articles (Pregnancy, Childbirth, Postpartum, Breastfeeding)
Let’s get started….
Pregnancy Must-Have Essentials Mater List
* This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for more info.
Online Childbirth Classes
Within the pregnancy resources category, pregnancy online courses are one of the most beneficial.
It allows you to learn all about the childbirth process at the comfort of your home, at your own pace (and your partner’s) with the option of pausing and rewinding.
Next, are the top pregnancy online learning resources I’ve come across.
1. Kopa Prepared Natural Birthing Classes
Kopa Prepared Natural Birthing Classes are an amazing resource for women who are looking to have a natural hospital birth.
Whether you are a new mom to be or are giving birth again but looking for a different and more natural birthing experience, these classes are exactly what you are looking for.
The curriculum covers coping techniques, positions of comfort for labor, hospital interventions, and much more.
Kopa Prepared Natural Birthing Classes are for you if:
- You want a simple, natural birth in a hospital, free of unnecessary medical procedures.
- Want to make choices during labor, confident that your doctor and nurses will honor your preferences.
- You want the freedom to move and give birth in the position that feels best to you, without restrictive policies or rules.
The KOPA Prepared Natural Online Birthing Classes/Course was created by Katie Griffin, a Registered Nurse turned Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator. She’s given birth 6 times (5 of them were natural hospital births).
Katie has also helped prepare over a thousand couples for their own, empowering, natural hospital birth.
The Kopa Prepared Classes offers three versions of the course and you can check them out in full detail here:
2. Mommy Labor Nurse Courses
Mommy Labor Nurse has some of my favorite Pregnancy and Newborn Courses by Liesel Teen.
Liesel is a Labor and Delivery Nurse and fellow mom of two! She started Mommy Labor Nurse as a way to educate more moms in the online space about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
She is known for 3 fantastic courses she teaches, which are:
All three are fantastic resources, but now you can have access to all 3courses PLUS Printable worksheets, checklists, planning guides, eBooks, cookbooks, and more… when you grab the All-Access Pass!
Here are all of the perks you receive when you enroll in the Mommy Labor Nurse All-Access Pass:
…AND it includes access to private MLN Community Groups moderated by L&D nurses! Having a platform where you can ask any questions and be surrounded by other women who share your journey, is priceless.
3. The Online Prenatal Class for Couples
The Prenatal Class for Couples is another great alternative.
It walks you through the whole process of having a hospital birth so that you are prepared and know what to expect when the time comes.
The Prenatal Class for Couples covers the full transition of hospital birth and walks you through the labor delivery phase, postpartum, and early newborn days.
This course is taught by Hilary who has been a labor and delivery nurse for many years and has taught hundreds of expecting couples. She is also the mom of 3 children.
They offer two versions of the course and you can check them out in full detail here:
Online Breastfeeding Classes
Learning about breastfeeding in a more intimate and paced environment is a wonderful thing.
Online breastfeeding courses allow you to watch the material at your own pace, with the ability to pause and replay from the comfort of your home.
Here are some of the best online breastfeeding classes.
1. The Ultimate Breastfeeding Class
This course is a simple step-by-step program that covers everything you need to know in 13 easy-to-watch lessons.
It focuses on:
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- Understanding the process
- Learning the techniques
- Knowing what to expect
- Finding Support and Getting Prepared
- And more…
2. The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Class
If you will be exclusively pumping you will need all of the tips and tricks you can get.
The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Masterclass is a simple step-by-step program that covers everything you need to know in 11 easy-to-watch lessons.
This great and inexpensive online course, also by Milkology, focuses exclusively on teaching you all you need to know to exclusively, and successfully pump.
>> View Course, here <<
3. The Ultimate Back to Work Pumping Class
This course is also part of the Milkology Classes by Stacey Stewart.
The Ultimate Back to Work Pumping class navigates you through how to pump effectively along with other important information.
You will learn how to:
- Choose the right pump
- Learn to pump like a pro
- Make plenty of milk
- Plan your return to work
- Preparing for success
- Plus bonus material
Pregnancy Essentials (Clothing and Shoes)
Tight clothing is suffocating. It makes you uncomfortable and restless.
Ditch the jeans with the rubber band and the tight underwear. Do yourself and your growing belly a favor and invest in comfortable maternity apparel.
Trust me, when you have a million things already not going in your favor physically, comfortable jeans, wireless, breastfeeding bras will make your life a whole lot easier.
Here are some of the best pregnancy must-haves when it comes to clothing and shoes.
These Signature Women’s Maternity Skinny Jeans by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label is a #1 Amazon Bestseller in maternity jeans and a customer favorite.
The Women’s Maternity Classic Side Ruched T-Shirt by Liu & Qu are very comfortable, have great customer reviews, and come in a variety of colors.
These Maternity and Breastfeeding Nursing Sleep Bra are great maternity and breastfeeding staple. Not only do they have incredible Amazon reviews but they are great to use during and after pregnancy.
The Women’s Under The Bump Maternity Panties by Infinity Portal are Amazon’s Choice. They are soft, comfortable, and have an almost 5-star rating of over 2,500 happy customer reviews.
If you are looking for everlasting comfort and support through pregnancy and motherhood, you won’t go wrong with Vionic Women’s Kea Orthotic Trainers.
Yes! Slip-on. Because take it from me, once the baby arrives, you won’t even have time to tie your shoelaces.
Related Article: What to Wear After Giving Birth at the Hospital (Head to Toe)
Pregnancy Must-Haves (Comfort and Support)
The Pregnancy Pillow by PharMeDoc is an Amazon’s Choice products and holds some of the best reviews.
The Maternity Belt by AZMED is an Amazon’s Choice product and has excellent reviews.
This elastic maternity belt provides relief from hip and pelvic pains and other common stretching pains during pregnancy.
Compression stockings are great pregnancy products.
They apply gradual pressure to the veins, arteries, and muscles inside your legs combating swelling in the feet and ankles, helping prevent and diminish varicose veins, and improving circulation throughout the body.
Studies show that using graduated compression stocking during pregnancy decreases leg problems such as swelling, tiredness, and pain.
These were a lifesaver when I was pregnant with my first child and worked long shifts as an Open Heart Surgery Nurse.
Prenatal Exercise Essentials
Prenatal yoga not only helps relieve the stress on your joints and helps improve posture, but it can also improve emotional stress with deep breathing exercises.
In Prenatal Yoga, Shiva Rea walks you through simple yet important exercises that will keep you strong and healthy through pregnancy and get your ready for labor.
Prenatal Essentials (Health and Well-being)
Staying hydrated is extremely important while pregnant and thereafter. I carry this water bottle with me around ALL day and it reminds me to drink water.
Organic Prenatal Vitamins are another important pregnancy must-have when it comes to health and well-being. These organic prenatal come with 25+ organic vitamins, 100% natural, DHA, EPA, Omega 3, and organic herbal Blend, and are non-GMO.
Another pregnancy essential when it comes to well being is a morning sickness remedy. One of the best things I’ve found is the Earth Mama’s Organic Morning Wellness Tea. It is made with a ginger-minty blend of organic herbs traditionally used to help prevent occasional morning sickness and pregnancy nausea.
Pregnancy Must-Haves Planners and Checklists
1. Lovely Momhood Pregnancy Planner
Being so busy throughout both of my pregnancies a pregnancy planner allowed me to stay organized and in control. Everything I needed to get done (doctor’s appointments, things to buy, baby items to put together, things to plan), everything was all in one place.
Now, if you are putting together this pregnancy survival kit for you or a friend, I totally recommend the Ultimate Pregnancy Planner Printable Bundle!
This handy Pregnancy Planner will give you all of the tools you need to not only keep track of your pregnancy, but provide you with pre-filled checklists to help you stay organized and prepared.
With this Pregnancy Planner Printable Bundle you will receive a 35-Page PDF containing:
- Cover Page
- Resources Page
- Pregnancy Weekly Journal x1
- Monthly Outlook Calendar x12
- Trimesters To-do List x3 (pre-filled)
- Prenatal Vitamins Tracker x1
- Medical Provider & Insurance Info Sheet x1
- Appointment Tracker x1
- Baby Names Ideas List x1
- Gender Reveal Planner x1 (pre-filled)
- Baby Shower Checklist x1 (pre-filled)
- Baby Shower Gifts List x1
- Baby Registry Checklist x1 (pre-filled)
- Nursery Planner Checklist x1 (pre-filled)
- Hospital Bag Checklist 1 (pre-filled)
- Hospital Bag Checklist x1 (blank)
- Postpartum Care Kit Checklist x1 (pre-filled)
- Baby Birth Journal Page x1
- Baby Birth Story Page x1
- Hospital Visitors List x1
- Diaper Tracker x1
You can now say goodbye to the overwhelm of wondering what things you must get done throughout pregnancy… by just following along the multiple pre-filled Checklist that walk you step-by-step on what you need to get ready for baby, and MORE!
It is a must-have pregnancy survival kit item because it lays out all of the important things you need to get ready for without much effort from your end.
2. Third Trimester Pregnancy Checklist Bundle
The Third Trimester Checklist Bundle contains helpful pre-filled Checklists to help guide you step-by-step on the things you should be getting done to get ready for baby’s arrival and thereafter. In turn, reducing stress and overwhelm, while increasing productivity.
Getting Ready for Baby Essentials
A big part of pregnancy is getting ready for baby. So here is a list of things that will help you do just that so that you are as prepared as you can be before baby arrives.
Designing and putting together the baby’s nursery is one of the most exciting parts of pregnancy. Here is a full list of nursery items you can check-off as you go.
Another great resource is this The Best Baby Product List: Skin Care, Bath, and Diaper Care. Here you will find a complete list of the very best natural baby products based on EWG’s Skin Deep® hazard score system, reviews, and parent satisfaction.
ECOCENTRIC MOM SUBSCRIPTION BOX
However, finding the safest baby products can’t feel overwhelming… especially, if you don’t even know what the products feel like, smell like, or how effective they are, or aren’t.
Ecocentric Mom Boxes are monthly care packages to support well-being for baby and mom. Every item in the box is free from chemicals and toxins, made by the very best small brands, and matched exactly to your stage of pregnancy or the age of your child from pregnancy through baby’s second birthday.
The Ecocentric Mom Box (Pregnancy to Toddler) is perfect for moms looking to explore and discover healthy and toxic-free products options on a monthly basis from the comfort of their home.
Additional Pregnancy Resources
- A Complete Pregnancy List by Trimester
- 10 Best Organic Pregnancy Products
- Earth Mama Organics (15 Best Organic Products for Moms and Babies)
- 10 Natural Morning Sickness Remedies That Work
- 13 Ways to Ease Pregnancy Fatigue and Exhaustion
- 11 Ways to Find Pregnancy Back Pain Relief
- Second Pregnancy Differences vs First (What to Expect)
- 15 Important Things To Do Before Baby Comes (Checklist)
- The Ultimate Hospital Bag Checklist for Baby, Mom, and Dad!
- The Best Pregnancy Planner: Every Pregnancy Checklist You Need!
- 5 Best Online Childbirth Courses (for Home or Hospital Births)
- How to Prepare for Labor (Mentally, Physically, Resources)
- What to Expect During a Hospital Vaginal Birth (FAQ’s Answered)
- Is Labor Easier with Second Baby? (37 Moms Share Their Labor Stories)
- 5 Best Online Newborn Care Classes
- 13 Temporary and Permanent Postpartum Body Changes (Plus, care tips and FAQ’s)
- What to Wear After Giving Birth at the Hospital (Head to Toe)
- A Complete Postpartum Care Plan for Faster Healing (Vaginal Birth)
- The Ultimate Postpartum Care Kit for New Mom (All-Natural and Non-toxic)
- 11 Things to Expect After Giving Birth and Practical Tips to Heal Faster
- How to Survive the Newborn Stage (A New Mom’s Guide)
- 13 Must-Read Breastfeeding Tips for New Moms
- My Breastfeeding Stories: Why One Failed and One Succeed (Tips and Takeaways)
- 5 Common Breastfeeding Problems and Solution to Fix Them ASAP!
- 3 Must-Take Online Breastfeeding Classes for New Moms
- The Ultimate Organic Baby Nursery List (Non-Toxic Baby Furniture)
- 15 Best Non-Toxic Baby Cribs and Mattresses (GREENGUARD Gold Certified)
- 13 Nursery Must-Have Items
- 9 Best Rocking Chairs and Gliders for Small Nurseries
- Best Natural Baby Products (Care, Skin, Bath, Diapers)
Additional Breastfeeding Resources
The pregnancy journey is full of joy and excitement. But it is also full of new experiences, unwanted symptoms, and challenges. However, it is only the beginning of your motherhood journey.
It is my hope that with this Pregnancy Must-Haves List and Essentials:
- You relieve to some of those unwanted symptoms.
- Answer some of your pregnancy questions.
- Equip you to get through one of the most incredible life experiences.
Happy and Healthy Pregnancy Mama!
What pregnancy essentials or pregnancy must-haves you couldn’t do without?
Don’t forget to pin for later…